Take life by the hand and Dance!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Creative Writing- Interview

Sitting in Mimi's Cafe, the local hangout, I was waiting for Cedric Harrison. Also known as the "New Kid on the Block". I was looking around, I see teenagers talking about the latest gossip, and plans for the weekend. I saw a boy walk throught the door, a very striking and hansom man I must admit. Could this be Cedric? Before sitting down across from me, he was mingling around the cafe talking to all of hish friends with short conversations and hello's.

He introduced himself to me and I began to ask him about his new life in Atlanta. He Just moved here no more than four months ago from Mosspoint, Mississippi. He came to Atlanta because of the horrific hurrican Katrina. She had wiped out most of his house and he and his family had no water whatsoever for almost two weeks. Disgusting, I know. "There was a lot of elderly people around us that also had no electricity and water so my family and I had to help them and ourselves to survive. We had to share the small amounts of food that we were given and the ice to keep ourselves cool." Cedric explains to me and his face grew concerned with the thought of the tragic memories.

As only a freshman at Chamblee, Highschool, Cedric is obviously not having a hard time fitting in. He has many friends and extraordinary grades. "I want to go to Auburn University, I like the way they do things academic wise, and their football is amazing so hopefully I will get to play when i get there." Mr.Harrison tells me that he is apart of the Junior Varsity football team at his school and by sophomore year he is hoping to get onto Varsity.

So as you can see, Cedric Harrison is an All-American teenage boy, just trying to get through his past mishaps and disasters to start all over again. Even though he misses his friends in Mississippi, he's not having any trouble finding new ones here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home